Everybody likes a good offer, whether it’s a free pint down the pub or a BOGOF deal at the supermarket. And because bookies know you have plenty of choices of where to place your bets, it means that most of them are very liberal with their promotions.
From free bets when you sign up and reload bonuses when you top up to money back on losing bets and enhanced winnings, there’s almost always something you can use when betting. Some bookmakers even offer loyalty points on your betting which you can trade in for bonuses, cash or VIP tickets to sporting events.
On this page we’ll be giving you the lowdown on all of these kinds of offers. Starting with the most lucrative of them all – the sign up bonus (but don’t worry, there’s plenty for existing customers lower down on the page).
Introductory Free Bets From UK Licensed Bookmakers
|£50 Bonus||New Customers only; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Bonus amount is 100% of deposit up to £50; Offer can be claimed once per household; Wager the qualifying deposit and bonus amount 8x within 30 days to convert bonus winnings into real money; Wagers must be on min. odds of 4/5 on singles or acca bets with min. odds of 2/5 per selection to qualify; Max. stake contribution to wagering requirement is the value of your bonus; Certain bet types are excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+||More Info|
|£100 Profit Boost||Profit boost on first in-play bet of £10 or more (min odds evens). The percentage enhancement starts at 100% for a £10 bet reducing to 10% for the max applicable stake of £100. Profit boost will be applied to net profit (winnings minus stake) up to a max value of £100. A £10 deposit also triggers 10 free games on the featured casino slot. Full terms apply, 18+ only.||More Info|
|Bet £10 Get £40||Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F. A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market. Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5). Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering req. vary by game. Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply||More Info|
|£100 in Bet Credits||Open Account Offer. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|Cash Back up to £1k||Opt-in using the code DAQBACK upon account registration and you can get up to £1000 of commission paid back as cash. This is calculated on the commission paid within the first 30 days. This does not apply to multiple bets, ATI and RDT customers are excluded. Available until 30/6/2018. 18+, terms & conditions apply.||More Info|
|£100 in Free Bets||New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|Bet £10, Get £30||New Sports customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. 1st sports bet of £10+ in one transaction at Odds of evens (2.0) or greater, settled in 60 days. £30 free bet paid within 48 hours of settlement. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. 30 Free Spins on selected games. 7 day expiry spins & bonus. Full T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|No Bonus||More Info|
|Bet £5 Get £30||New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Sports/Virtual Sports Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Payment Cards only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly||More Info|
|100% up to £30||Deposit and bet £10 or more and this amount will be matched with a free bet up to £30 in value. Min odds of 3/4 (1.75) for single bets or 2/5 (1.40) per leg of a multiple bet. This will be available to use for 7 days after registering a new account. Free bet will be added after depositing and activated following qualifying bet placement. T&Cs apply, 18+.||More Info|
|£25 in Free Bets||5x £5 free bets can be awarded to new customers (18+). First bet must be £10 or more with min odds of 1/2 (singles or multiples) for free £5 bet. Another £5 free bet can be claimed by betting £10 or more three times at the same min odds, or 50% of your average stake if betting less. This can be done 4 times for max £25. This will be open for first 30 days, each free bet expires after 7 days. T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|Bet £5, Get £20||18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|£75 Bonus||Bonus based on 50% of first deposit up to a maximum of £75. Bonus must be selected whilst making this first deposit, minimum £10. Please ensure the bonus has been added prior to making your first bet. Deposit + bonus has 20x wagering requirement which must be completed within 30 days at odds of at least evens, £50 max contribution per bet, horse racing excluded. 18+, T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|Bet £5 Get £20||18+ New UK + IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|£50 Bonus||Use WELCOME50 in the Promotion Code section for a 50% bonus on your 1st deposit up to a maximum value of £50. This first deposit must be made within 24 hours of opening your account to receive the bonus. Bonus plus deposit must be turned over 6 times at odds of at least 1.60 (3/5), these bets must be settled within 60 days. T&Cs apply, 18+.||More Info|
|Risk Free £20 Bet||New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply.||More Info|
|£50 Bonus||New customers only. Minimum deposit £/€10 – must play through once. 100% Maximum bonus £/€50 on first deposit only. 5x wagering at minimum odds of 1/2(1.5). Must be completed within 45 days of registering. T&Cs apply. 18+.||More Info|
Please note: All offers subject to terms and conditions and may have rollover requirements.
About These Bonuses
Sign up bonuses, as you can probably guess from the name, are given to you when you sign up to a bookie. And for obvious reasons, they can only be claimed once per site.
Most are in the form of a free bet (such as place a £10 bet with your own money and get £30 in free bets) but you do also come across some other types as well, including straight up bonuses (you deposit £x, they match it with £x in free cash) or even massive price boosts such as three times the regular odds for your first bet.
You can find a list of these above in a table for easy comparison. All of the offers listed are for UK customers as that’s where most of our readers are based. If you’re from a different country you may find the offers slightly different to those in the table.
The term ‘free bets’ is often used generically to describe any kind of bonus dished out by the bookies. But, as you’ll soon see, there are actually a number of different types of bonus that you can receive. Understanding these differences is the key to getting the most value from the promotions, and maximising your chances of coming out on top.
Types of Offer
In the grand scheme of things there are three main types of introductory offer:
- Free Bet Tokens & Promo Cash – These are promotional credits that can be used to place bets without touching a penny of your own money. When given as a token you often need to bet it all in one go – so a £10 token cannot be split into two £5 tokens. Promo Cash, on the other hand, can be used as you wish – so if you have £25 in promo cash you could place one £25 bet or five £5 bets and so on. To get your free bet you’ll need to place a qualifying bet, which usually determines the value of the promotional credit – when this is a straight pound-for-pound match we call it a ‘matched bet’, but there are a couple of ‘bet £5, get £10’ type deals kicking around too.
- Risk Free Bets – The end result of a risk free bet (RFB) is often the same as a free bet token where the stake is not returned, except that you must place the bet using your own money. So if you have a £25 RFB you need to have a minimum of £25 in your account to cover the stake. The ‘risk free’ part kicks in if your bet loses as the funds will be refunded to you. Sometimes the refund is given as a free bet, but the better offers are where it’s just refunded as cash. As with the FB’s above, the value of an RFB is usually connected to the value of your qualifying bet.
- Deposit Bonuses – Some sites will give you a bonus based on the amount you deposit, for example: deposit £50 and get a £50 bonus. Most bonuses are either a 100% or 50% match and are often given immediately upon making the deposit(although not always – you sometimes need to ‘qualify’ for the bonus first by betting your deposit ones) and almost always come with a wagering requirement (WR) – a total amount you need to wager before withdrawing. The main benefits of this kind of promotion are that the bonus itself is usually withdrawable once you’ve met the WR and that the bonus amounts tend to be higher than a traditional free bet.
Terms & Conditions
As with all promotions, even ones from the supermarket, there are terms attached to pretty much all of these offers. When bookies offer free bets they want to incentivise new customers to try their service out, what they don’t want is for people to register, get the offer and then never be seen again.
By law the terms have to be listed with the offer, and most are pretty good at keeping them simple. Below you’ll find a guide to the more common things you should watch out for when claiming these kinds of offers.
- Minimum Odds – For both the qualifying bet (the one you place to activate the offer) and the free bet(s) there may be a minimum odds requirement. This is so you don’t whack it all down on a 1/100 shot and walk away an (almost insignificantly) slightly richer person. Minimums vary from the very generous (at time of writing Coral’s is 1/5) up to something around evens.
- Eligible Bets – You may also be restricted on what kind of bet you place. Sometimes this may be on a specific event if the bonus is boosted for a high profile match, or it could be limited to a particular sport. Quite often you can bet on whatever you like, but certain bets will be excluded. In particular you’re unlikely to find any bonus or free bet that allows you to bet on pari-mutual markets.
- Time Restrictions – Again this varies quite a bit, but most bookies have some kind of time limit on both how long you have to claim the bonus after signing up, and how long you have to use it before it expires. After all, they don’t want thousands of pounds in unused free bets kicking around in peoples accounts for years, mucking up their financial reports. Time frames vary from a couplr of days to a month or so.
- Wagering Requirements – Finally, there’s what happens after you’ve used your free bet or received your bonus. Sometimes your winnings are yours to keep, no questions asked. Other times you may be required to place additional wagers before withdrawing what is, effectively, free money. Turnover requirements tend to be fairly low at all the big bookies, and usually not much of a problem if you were planning on betting regularly anyway.
Offers For Existing Customers
Betting offers aren’t just limited to the introductory free bets and bonuses that we feature above. In fact, most of the better bookies run a wide range of money back specials on various sporting events throughout the year.
Sometimes these promotions are limited to a single event but there are also a number of ongoing offers which have been running for months, or even years. These should be considered your go-to promos as they can offer some great added value to your bets day in, day out.
Below you’ll find a list of these offers which have been split into various categories to help you find the right promotion for the bet you want to place. We update this page every week as new offers are launched and old ones retired, however we do reserve this page for promos that cover multiple events – for details of one off promos, see the latest betting offers section of our blog.